Sunday, December 11, 2005

Accidental Vegan Begins

I've always loved to cook and bake and it came as quite a lifestyle change/shock when my doctor said "Well stop eating any animal proteins, try to eat mostly raw foods if possible, but pasta's ok if you need to eat out and can't get organic and only fruit up until noon."

It is now 12 weeks later and my health has improved drastically over such a short time period. Everyone is different and not everyone is going to have the immune system issues from pesticides and growth hormones that I've had. But I am a true believer in the harm they do to a person. At the very least organic foods taste better.

The vegan part, well I'm one of those people who simply does not process Animal Proteins well at all. Lots of tests from my doctor confirmed a lot of the issues for me. Otherwise I doubt I would have jumped so thoroughly into an extreme change, from low carb, high protein, to raw vegan.

This blog is going to be about raw food meals for busy people with recipes, tools, ideas etc that I come across or find out during my journey into this world.

No comments: